Job Description: POSITION:
• Applies extensive electronic and mechanical theory to configure, model, construct, test, troubleshoot, determine solutions and modify engineering prototypes and/or first article electronic equipment.
• Performs assignments requiring advanced skill, use and application of engineering or
scientific principles and techniques in a wide variety of highly complex technical tasks
• Evaluates and resolves calibrating and troubleshooting problems for engineering prototype and/or first article electronic/mechanical equipment.
• Performs precision testing and performs or supervises precision assembly of engineering equipment.
• Prepares reports, charts and graphs on engineering prototypes and/or first article electronic/mechanical equipment with recommendations for improvement.
• Assists engineers in the design, development and evaluation of new products and recommends product improvements or manufacturing modifications.
• Designs, develops and oversees building of experimental or prototype models or test figures.
• Determines test methods, revises test equipment modifications and evaluates product/equipment performance utilizing test results.
• Participates as an engineering team member to select methods for engineering prototype and/or first article electronic/mechanical equipment.
• Utilizes various programming languages for product design/implementation.
• Fabricates, assembles, calibrates and tests electronic/mechanical equipment and components.
• Facilitate the layout, design and documentation of printed circuit boards.
-A minimum of 3 years experience in a position similar to the one listed above
-AA in Electronics
-Experience with miniature displays such as LCDs and OLEDs highly desirable.
-Experience with optical measuring equipment such as Theodolite and Dioptometer highly desirable.
-Experience with optical alignment and assembly highly desirable.
Contact: lary okeffe
Job Location: CA, Carlsbad--92008